Thursday, January 22, 2009

DC Row Houses

I spent the day walking through the streets of DC, from the Jefferson Memorial up through Chinatown and over to my little rented apartment on 12th Street, where I've been filing my blog from the basement laundry room. (It's the only place in the building where I can get on the Internet. )  I wanted to share with you this picture taken by RonnieR. (His DC set on flickr is wonderful.)  Tomorrow I'm heading home to LA, where (alas) marble buildings and row houses are in short supply. I'm looking forward to thawing out my toes. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spires are, well, so inspiring. Phallic, yes, but that's obviously. I think they speak to us of upward aspiration, which somehow seems to me what this site is about. . .an aspiration to beauty that can be shared with all. How lovely for those of us who are regulars.

Arlene Hope Photography said...

Beautiful Photograph. Thanks for sharing.

~A.Hope

Anonymous said...

Not sure if which I like better - the spires or the clouds. Too close to call.

The inauguration is a blur, but a highly satisfying one.

Did anyone else think that John Williams was a bit too familiar with Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring?