Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For Lennie

2387295427_234fb94b97

I think about one of my former editors so often these days. She left the rat race to study pastry making at an incredibly prestigious baking school in Paris. She now works as a pastry chef at the sweetest little restaurant on the edge of the Arroyo Seco. She creates the most divine cakes, breads and sugared cookies. This photo reminded me of the possibilities and opportunities you can find in places you don't always expect, like colorful little pastry cups waiting to be filled with the stuff of a happy life.

On days like this, I think about Lennie. It makes me think of warm buttered bread and calm. And I'm sure that everything will be ok.


(Photo by the fantastic Jen at My Polaroid Blog.)

7 comments:

Sara said...

this is so sweet...and I love the picture!

English Muse said...

ah, thank you sara.

Karen said...

The picture leaves a lot to the imagination..looks sweet and fairytale like. Very respectfull what your former editor did! It almost sounds like a script for another Jean-Pierre Jeunet movie. Wonderful how you can surpise me every day Tina!

denene @ style and inspiration said...

I love stories like that! They are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing...it made my morning a little sweeter.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful surprise, Tina! Thanks for your kind words, great philosophy of life and cool new blog. And next time you're in the neighborhood, drop in for a maple-oat scone or buttercream-frosted something or other!
xoxoxo
Lennie (aka ellelle)

English Muse said...

Lennie! love you! i'm coming in for a scone!

Anonymous said...

And don't forget to pick up a jar of her lovely preserves.