Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday

By the way, happy Friday everyone! What are your plans this weekend? I'm hoping to make a visit to the sprawling, beautiful Huntington Gardens in the tony town of San Marino with my Polaroid camera. So many lovely trees are in bloom -- many of them pink. The tulip trees are my favorite.

Of course, I'll be blogging all weekend. (It's my preferred form of recreation, really.) So please stop by!


Above photo by the fantastic Corrie Bond. (No, that's not me in the little pink dress and white gloves. But I really wish it was.)


PS: I was just over visiting Abbey Goes Design Scouting.  Abbey reminded me of the outstanding work of photographer Francesco Lagnese. For a little respite, flip through his online portfolio {here}. The photos will make you swoon. (Also visit Abbey's site. Gorgeous, babe.)

xoxo

8 comments:

sølvi said...

Hope you get some good shots of flowers in bloom. I'll check in. Here there will be more snow over the weekend. I was totally ready for spring.

Clare said...

I cant wait to see the photos that you will take. Where are Huntington Gardens?

This weekend? We still have to prune hte front yard tree but on Sunday we get to have a leisurely breakfast with old friends.

cuteseas said...

hopefully i will be taking pictures too! but, with a diana f+!

Unknown said...

that's what I'll be doing this weekend ... a touch of gardening. Though I doubt I will be looking quite as refined as this lady. More shorts and dirty singlet look.

English Muse said...

Oh, the gardens are in San Marino, a very upscale suburb (of sorts) of Los Angeles. I'll put up a link! When you come to town, you must see them! It's like stepping out of the city....They also have a fantastic tea salon there...

Unknown said...

Just found your blog! It is my new favourite, I'm just spellbound by all the beauty. Just fabulous. Thank you for creating such an amazing blog. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Sophie xx

Joanna Goddard said...

i LOVE that garden photo!!!

Nostalgic Nosh said...

I would like that garden please.