Sunday, February 1, 2009

Summer Dreaming



I've officially been blogging for a little more than a month now. When I started, I had no idea that the most incredible joy of all would be meeting people from around the globe.  Today, while escaping the Super Bowl frenzy, I spent the late afternoon on an amazing blog, Rummage, authored by Nanette Louchart-Fletcher in Canberra, Australia. It's summer there and Nanette's photos (above) bring to life the season in vivid detail:  Tomatoes from her garden, handmade cotton dresses, a jar filled with nasturtium. On her companion gardening blog, acacia_et_coquelicot, she talks about the trials of growing a pincushion plant. "I did everything bar of sending it off for a spot of psychoanalysis," she writes. Witty girl!

Rummage and acacia_et _coquelicot are more delicious than a double scoop of Daiquiri Ice on a sugar cone.
For a bonus, visit Nanette's flickr site.  The Corners set made me swoon. 

Summer love!

7 comments:

liza said...

I just found your blog via automatism. I'm really enjoying it! Thank you for being here...

felicakes said...

I blog hopped over to your blog from another blog I can't quite remember and I love it.

Keep on posting your beautiful photos and finds. :*)

Nanette said...

Gee, thanks for the shout-out. I can't believe you've only been doing it for a month, your blog is wonderful.

You made my day, writing such lovely things. Thanks again,
Nanette xx

Jill said...

Ooo that dress NEEDS to be in my closet. Ha! Sounds like you had a lovely superbowl sunday. ;)

Anonymous said...

These photos and your little essay made my Sunday super. . .I can almost smell the olive oil rising from the platter with those freshly picked tomatoes scattered on it. . .ah, summer. (Has anyone ever based a perfume on that?)

My Petite Maison said...

Love your blog! We've got tomatoes at the back walk and I'm watching them grow... can't wait. Beautiful photos here and agree, the blog community is amazing!

merryheart2 said...

these are great summer photos.
love the handsewn dresses.