Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tonight

20090203154033

Loves, I'm going to do a little Oscar party hopping tonight. First to Pacific Palisades, then over the Beverly Hills. I'm hoping to cap the evening at Elton John's Oscar party, his annual bash to raise money to combat AIDS. (UPDATE: The event raised almost $4 million! Here's my story about the parties.)

There have been many charity events here over the past week for a number of worthy causes: like helping widows and children in the Darfur region and now the Congo: raising money for the victims of the Australian bushfires; assisting women with cancer; keeping up the pressure to end global warming. George Clooney -- who was in Chad with a UN delegation last week -- once said that he viewed fame as a platform to raise awareness about the troubles of the world. Bono perfected this. Others are now trying to do the same. I'm very proud to know some of them. Taking care of those who are suffering is all that really matters in the end.

Have a wonderful evening!


PS--I'm wearing a long black dress. To paraphrase Kate Winslet, you can always tell when a woman is not feeling exactly skinny by her decision to wear, well, black. hah! (I so enjoyed all that Valentines candy though!)

xoxo

PSS:
Ha! A comment from the clever Clever Pup: "Holy Moly, sounds like you're going to have a fun evening. I'll be thinking of you on my IKEA couch."

(Normally I would be sitting on my IKEA couch too! I honestly believe that blogging is bad for your figure--at least it's been for mine...T.)



(photo credit: here.)

6 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

Holy Moly, sounds like you're going to have a fun evening. I'll be thinking of you on my IKEA couch

Maia said...

Hah! Too right. Blogging is terrible for the figure. Enjoy your evening on the town! That photo makes me giddy with the excitement of an enchanted evening, even as I sit here in my PJs with the miserable cold I get once every three years.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that will be fun!!! I shall have a much less glamourous and exciting version, watching the replay tonight with ice cream in hand.

Joanna Goddard said...

have a wonderful time!

Clare said...

I am incredibly envious of your night with the stars. I am glad to meet you Tina.

trishie said...

Sounds so exciting...have a great time!