Sunday, March 1, 2009

Prada

prada
It's nearly midnight here in Los Angeles and I'm up, combing the wires for every image I can find from the Prada show in Milan. I'm just going to say it straight out: I'm a Prada junkie. Not that I can afford it. I can't. But Miuccia captured my heart when she rolled out that 1950s Ivy League, college girl collection a few years back. (I drove 120 mph to Beverly Hills when I got the call that there was still one Milano souvenir skirt in stock.)

Prada had me through the jewel brooch stage, the robot stage and now this: the bad-ass boot stage. I guess they're called waders, these gigantic boots. They look big enough to eat a Mack Truck.

I don't care. It's all beautiful. I just wished the models looked happier. Maybe the actresses donning the new collection will be more cheerful.

Cathy Horyn, as always, is brilliant on the subject in the NYT {here}.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The intriguing thing about Prada is that the clothes always manage to be both sexy and romantic.

Anonymous said...

Funny you mention the models - I looked through the NY Fashion week shots, and most of the models looked so angry I just wanted to look away, regardless of the clothes!
Ahhh, to be able to afford some real fashion... !

Adnan Khalid said...

Great Blog! I must say you have done a terrific job. I have a personal blog too. It is mostly about hot celebrities, events, news, politics and sports. Basically is all of me 'eddy' straight from the heart. http://eddyishere.blogspot.com