Sunday, March 1, 2009

Seven things about me...

20090217152610

I was tagged by the gorgeous Lolita to list seven random things about myself. So, well, here goes:

1. I love pink cotton candy and carnival rides that spin.

2. I prefer wearing ballerina flats instead of heels.

3. I keep the slips from old fortune cookies in my vintage Japanese jewelry box.

4. I always carry my passport and 50 euros in my change purse. That way I'm sure I'm going back.

5. My favorite piece of clothing is a pink Jacques Fath cape with leopard-print lining, bought at a second-hand store in Paris.

6. I'd rather read the news in a newspaper than on the Internet.

7. And I'd rather be Maud than George, because we all know Yeats loved her best.

I pass this on to:

rummage
paper & pins
un envie de sel
Daydream Lily
The Clever Pup
Cafe Cartolina
and
giulia geranium
Oh, and pugly feet too. that cutie.

And anyone else who wants to answer!

(Photo from Amelie)

14 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

yay to ballet flats!

Daydream Lily said...

oh thank you for tagging me.
I keep all the fortune cookie notes too!!!

I get the newspaper delivered on weekends cause I love sitting down and reading through it, through the week i dont really get the time to read it other then a quick look online.

nice to learn more about you.

x
Liss

English Muse said...

Thank you Liss!! And Joanna, you got tagged by Lolita too!! ha!

Anonymous said...

I would rather be Maud too. She was TOTALLY raveshing! Ballet flats too are sooo much nicer than heels. I always keep some in my bag when i wear heels for a quick get away!

The Clever Pup said...

Mission accomplished over at The Clever Pup.

denene @ style and inspiration said...

I'm totally with you on the ballet flats vs. hells, I mean heels.

Anonymous said...

You're right about Maud and it is hard to see you in any other role. As this blog shows every day, you have the generous spirit of a poet's muse.

Giulia said...

Hello, love. We have much in common, thank you for tagging me (blast you:). High winds so I'll not be as fast as Clever Pup. Also on deadline for poem revisions & I will say that I write all poems (& other drafts) long-hand on yellow legal pads with my Waterman fountain pen. (Then I switch to another pen when I realize how much the ink costs these days!)

Cheers & see you all soon. xo,
Susan

Maia said...

I am with you on the Newspaper! We get three or four on our doorstep every day. My husband and I are both erstwhile newspaper reporters, and though we've both moved on to other things, old habits die hard among newsies!
What fun - thanks for the tag! Since this is the THIRD time I've been tagged with this one, and since I have yet to do it, I think it behooves me to knock it out tonight before my daughter goes into surgery tomorrow.

Daydream Lily said...

did it :-) which is extra speedy for me. hehe. normally takes me ages to get around to a tag.

English Muse said...

it's like the blog version of a chain letter

Gal Friday said...

Althought I DO read the news on the internet, I still prefer the newspaper(especially the Sunday editions), so I am with you on your random fact no. 6.
I found your blog, BTW, from seeing a comment of your's at The Clever Pup's blog.
At her blog today, I saw a comment with MY name(yes, I'm a Tina, too)and immediately thought, "I don't remember writing that!" Silly me--I forgot for a second that I use Gal Friday here.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to leave work and play -- I'll post my 7 random things tonight. :)

ps. I adore your shoes, especially the pink one with bows and the lovely saffron Kate Spade one.

frances said...

i want in too!!!