This Page

has been moved to new address

A Domino Favorite: Black and White

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: A Domino Favorite: Black and White

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Domino Favorite: Black and White

domino favorite: black white and cool all over

I love this photo of black and white treasures displayed against a dark gray wall. (Check out the little black dress and white sweater, upper right!)

A Domino Favorite: Black and White

This series of photos appeared in the December 2005 issue of Domino magazine as part of an article, "Black and White and Cool All Over"...

A Domino Favorite: Black and White and cool all over

I especially love the black chandelier....

Domino Magazine: Black and White

And the curtain tied back with a black grosgrain ribbon. (Also cute shoes and cat!)

Hope you had a lovely weekend.


Credits: photos by Mikkel Vang, styling by Christine Rudolph.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Brian Miller said...

the last two pics are lovely. the breakfast area screams love the last playfulness.

June 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger puglyfeet said...

I miss Domino.

June 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Jane Flanagan said...

I'm head over heels in love with the to image (just when I'd finally decided to paint all my walls white!)

I love her entire outfit too! Though I would swap the cat for a dog;)

June 28, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

fabulous, all of it. i love domino flashbacks.

June 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger The Townhouselady said...

sniff sniff boo hoo Domino!!

I want to live in that first picture.

June 28, 2009 at 10:50 PM  
OpenID chicknamedhermia said...

The Domino book has become my bible ....I just wish I had the cash to follow through with the designs ... *sigh*

June 29, 2009 at 2:38 AM  
Blogger Renee Finberg said...

i have always loved black & white.
(...or really black & winter white best !)

great post.
the black chandelier is fab.
x

June 29, 2009 at 4:12 AM  
Blogger Laura Trevey said...

I agree with you! I LOVE the black chandelier ~~ so cool!

June 29, 2009 at 4:50 AM  
Blogger Simply Mel said...

The black chandelier and the perfect soft-boiled eggs just waiting to be cracked - an exquisite photo! Lovely Monday post - thank you!

June 29, 2009 at 5:26 AM  
Anonymous Charlotte said...

The breakfast scene is particularly exquisite. . .odd how black and white combine drama and serenity.

June 29, 2009 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Apt. #34 said...

truly inspiring - and the b&w is something I think I can get my better half to buy in to!

June 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Tina Tarnoff said...

Truly stunning - love the first photo of the wall display. And the addition of the kraft paper colored details. And that chandelier above a rustic breakfast table!!! I want! xo

June 29, 2009 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger Lit and Life said...

Oh I'm inspired--I've got a black and white living room but could never figure out what color to paint the walls. Love this! Now to talk my husband into it...

June 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Hola!Design said...

i miss domino so much..it was my fav!!!

July 3, 2009 at 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Gena said...

Just found your blog .... very creative and inspirational! I absolutely love this post - the use of neutrals is my all time fave at present!

July 4, 2009 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger 7 Year Wedding said...

Your post has made me realise how much I miss Domino. It was very hard to get down here in Australia but it was such a fantastic magazine!

July 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger cerelina Jewelry said...

I love the black chandelier ! Waiting to get one for my home :))
Cheers..

July 13, 2009 at 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home