This Page

has been moved to new address

A Domino Favorite: Secondhand (Love) Story

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: A Domino Favorite: Secondhand (Love) Story

Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Domino Favorite: Secondhand (Love) Story

Domino: secondhand (love) story

I've been organizing my magazines this weekend -- finally finding all my old Dominos. I rediscovered this article that I loved so much when it came out in March 2007

Domino: secondhand (love) story

It's a fantastic piece about a Portland, ME, couple's quest for quirky, mostly vintage, things...

Domino: secondhand (love) story

I adore the colorful patchwork of pillows...and this amazing closet with old paper lanterns...

Domino: secondhand (love) story

I've posted the entire article on my flickr page, in large form if you want to read it. I'm hoping to turn my Domino revisits into a Sunday series here. What do you think?



PS. Article Credits: Photos by James Merrell, styling by Ashley Sargent and text by Brooke Williams.

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Indy Grrrl said...

Love the images. The first one is so cute!

June 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I say go for it! I love when bloggers to series. :)

June 14, 2009 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Laura Trevey said...

Love the pillows on the couch!!

June 14, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Brian Miller said...

nice find...off to check out the rest of the article, hope you had a great weekend!

June 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love her dress in the last photo! That isn't something a lot of people can pull off! - Amy

June 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do!! :)

June 14, 2009 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger tracy mitchell said...

what a great story! thanks for posting the whole article! i am in love with their home. especially her closet. and i vote yes for the sunday domino series.

June 14, 2009 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger liza said...

I love the pillows. And, yes! I's definitely love a Sunday Domino revisit series.

June 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger C said...

You know she looks like Vanessa Paradis! At least I thought so when I first saw the 2nd picture.

June 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Fallon said...

I love the idea of a domino series on Sundays!!! Great article, thanks for sharing!

June 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

when I grow up...I want a house just like THAT

June 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Shaddy said...

Just do it, please, please, do it.

June 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger LouDuk said...

Love the photos.
Love your work.
Love your blog.

http://louduk.blogspot.com/

June 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM  
OpenID chicknamedhermia said...

I love that last picture!!
AMAZING colours and part of me kinda wants that suit!lol!

June 15, 2009 at 2:22 AM  
Blogger jonas wunderman said...

do it ....

:)

June 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM  
Blogger K. Sundari said...

Oh that looks beautiful. I never got a chance to buy my first domino mag. I would love to see more on here though.

June 15, 2009 at 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Tina Tarnoff said...

I think you have an exquisite taste and always find the most gorgeous interesting things. That fuchsia tone closed is an absolute dream, and her faux suit is lovely. She is lovely. And Yay for Sunday Domino Series!

June 15, 2009 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger The Cottage Cheese said...

I think revisiting Domino as a Sunday series is a fantastic idea!

June 15, 2009 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Love the idea. Never miss checking out your lovely posts. Delightful.

June 15, 2009 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Rachel Premo said...

I think it sounds like a great idea--I would definitely enjoy it! I love these photos--they are giving me some inspiration for my own home.

June 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Sofia said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you:D I loved the sofa with the pillows and saw that image on domino's gallery and reading the whole article it's great:)

Never had a domnino mag on my hands:/ shame on me:P

June 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home