Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Record The Day

08-05-09

Hello darlings! My name is Alya from Pomegranate and Patchouli and I’m guest blogging here for the lovely Tina. I hope you enjoy my posts over here. Moving on..

Record The Day is a beautiful blog that posts daily collages using images from magazines, scraps (if that’s what she wishes to call them) of paper and jotted notes fastened to record cards that are then stamped with the day’s date.

05-07-0912-05-0914-03-09

I love love love her collages. It is such a creative process and each one is better than the other. Think of it like a diary but instead of writing, she uses images.

Take a look around her blog. I promise you, you will love what you see. I’m also a big fan of her other blog Lobster and Swan, which is devoted to her photographs and findings from around the web.

18-03-0915-02-0927-05-09

All images from Record The Day

16 comments:

Teri said...

Wonderful collages Alya! This has been fun to see new and beautiful blogs... will I ever get ANY work done now!!!

Anna said...

Yay Alya, happy to see your guest post!! I love Record the Day, such a unique blog xoxo

marie-chantale said...

adorable!

Sierra said...

This reminds me a lot of Art Journaling, I love collages and these are all so pretty and artful! I am going to check out her blog now!

reckless daughter said...

what an incredible idea. I love this.

Ali said...

I didn't realize that this is the same person who does Lobster and Swan - very cool! And I'm in love with these collages, thank you for sharing!

Marthe said...

this is a wonderful idea! So pretty!

Mausumi

Brian Miller said...

too cool. like a visual journal. very nicely done.

Alya said...

Teri: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't get work done because of blogs!

Anna: Thank u! I can always count on you for support :))

marie-chantal : so adorable.

Ocean Dreams: you really should.

Tahda: its so incredible. I'm in awe of her creativity.

Ali: you're welcome. I looove telling people about cool blogs as much as I love learning about them.

Marthe: yes it is!

Brian: You're right. nice choice of words.

Darrah said...

That's a brilliant alternative to writing a diary. I like. :)

TheBeautyFile said...

These are so wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

They're so pretty! I especially love the cupcakes! :)

Claudia said...

I am reminded of the artist John Evans's daily collage-journaling practice. These are luscious and feminine. Thank you for the inspired reference.

La Belle Lumière said...

I'm in love! Thank you for sharing this blog with us — it is so cool!

Elyse said...

I love this! I was thinking of making jewelry daily with the stuff I found...I think that would be really neat too. <3

Julia said...

oh that pink cupcake!!!