This Page

has been moved to new address

a beautiful revolution

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: a beautiful revolution

Saturday, August 15, 2009

a beautiful revolution

I found a blog and fell in love and now am sharing it with you. a beautiful revolution is the blog of a misfit who found his calling, published his book, found love and his place and in this world through his blog. It's a wonderful story, and here is what he says on his blog:

In 2005 I was depressed. Suicidal. I went to a therapist. I began writing a beautiful revolution. In 2006 an agent approached me - then a publisher (John Murray) and my doodles became the book If You're Happy And You Know it. It was published during the week of my 40th birthday. I began doodling for BBC Ouch. 2007. I had finally found my place in this world. In 2008 I met my American publishers (Harper Perennial) in Soho. We sat for 2 hours in my favourite place in London Patisserie Valerie and planned how Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now would be. A memoir. A memoir.

My love life was still a complete disaster - going from one bad relationship to another. But then I met her. The girl on the internet. She lived in America. I went to see her. If I could write it down, it wouldn't come close to how she was. She came to England. In 2008 we sat in my bedroom and laid out every doodle, every word I had ever written on the floor and formed the narrative of my book Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. June 2008 I went back to America with her. We got married. January 2009 my book Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now was published. In America. The place I now call home. I got a new agent. An American agent. Began to doodling for A Way To Garden. 3 months ago my wife and I bought our first home together. We adopted a dog. An unloved pit bull. We named her pickle. Last week my green card came through. In 2007 I found my place in this world. In 2009 I found everything.

I used to think you needed to see it, to believe it.

But now I realize that to see it, you must first believe it.

Everything is possible. Everything is possible.

Here is a video of his book, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, the story of his depression and how he came out of it:


Blogger Louis Duke said...

This is great! Thank you for posting it!

August 15, 2009 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Thank you for posting this. I can't even begin to put into words how much I needed to read this today.

August 15, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

wow!! me too!!! Maggie May you beautiful soul.

August 15, 2009 at 4:50 PM  
Blogger Micaela said...

wow, this is really beautiful. i'm so glad you found this and shared it all of us!


August 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger magnoliaamber said...

Hi Maggie!

Oh I have been following 'A beautiful revolution'! It's great..

thx for posting it in English Muse!

August 15, 2009 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Brian Miller said...

wow. thanks for the intro too cool.

August 15, 2009 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Paresh said...

An unloved dog ! Interesting ! But how to decide that a dog is unloved ?

August 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Torie Jayne said...

This is great! thanks for sharing x

August 16, 2009 at 1:59 AM  
Blogger My heart asks pleasure said...

Wow, he is so cool!

"The early bird ate too many worms and died."

I love it!

August 16, 2009 at 3:06 AM  
Blogger REread said...

thanks for sharing, great link

August 16, 2009 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Katie Runnels said...

thanks for sharing this...i really needed it too! xox

August 16, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Uncle Beefy said...

perfect timing :)

August 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home