Friday, September 11, 2009

Baker, baker... baking a cake.

Beefy Bakes
A couple of the cakes I recently baked for some friends' birthdays.

Yeah. Sorry, Kids. Yes, I just went all Tori Amos on ya's with that title. But I couldn't help it! Just always seems to come up when I'm baking a cake. Forgive me. And, stick a toothpick in me, Kids, 'cause it looks like your Uncle Beefy is done!

Just thought I'd leave you with some sweet treats as I bid you all farewell from The English Muse! Just want to thank Tina for letting me hang my hat here for awhile and to thank all of you for reading and commenting along! I hope to see you 'round "The Bedlam" and you know we'll see each other here!

Have a wonderful weekend, Kids! Thanks, again!

Salted caramel cupcakes.
A small sampling from a marathon cupcake baking session. Chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream and cocoa-dusted vanilla bean buttercream. Gotta say... they were tasty.

15 comments:

Tina Tarnoff said...

gosh, uncle beefy, you are some baker! the cupcakes look divine. it was fun reading you!

Trisha said...

Enjoyed your posts! I will be heading over to your blog to find those recipes. The results are inspiring.

English Muse said...

Thank you darling!!! Will miss you!!!!

Unknown said...

They looks so yummy! I wish I could make some myself!

Lori said...

Delicious baking ... delicious posts ... I've really enjoyed your guest week here, Uncle Beefy!

:-)


automatism

Uncle Beefy said...

Oh, Ladies... the only thing sweeter than these treats is all the lurve you've shown me here at the Muse during my time here! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

MWAH!

Your, Uncle Beefy

Sarah M said...

Now I'm inspired to bake a homemade cake for my friends' birthdays! These look immaculate! Delicious.

Erin Helgerson said...

The frosting on the lemon cake is so perfect it looks fake! I love it! Actually, I'd love it even more if you'd let me stick my finger in that perfect frosting and have a taste, can I? Pretty, pretty please???

Shokoofeh said...

oh those cakes ... look fantastic!!!!

James said...

You posted cake pictures without recipes? That is very unfair!

amy and ann said...

Uncle Beefy don't go. Ok I had a baking bus. for a time and these look great! Hope to see you again soon.
ann

Unknown said...

I love me so Tori...and this song gives me the goosebumps.

reckless daughter said...

I would never fault you for using a tori quote :)

Dottie said...

Weeee! I'm happy I'm not the only one to use obscure Tori Amos lyrics as blog post titles :) So many are so appropriate.

dee said...

DAYUM, Beefy! Those look unreal! For cereal, when are you going to ship me one of these fantastic concoctions? The thought of caramel buttercream is making my mouth water at 9:15am. I love seeing your genius come to life:)

xoxo, your biggest (in more than one sense of the word) fan, Bee