This Page

has been moved to new address

Humanizing the Devil?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: Humanizing the Devil?

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Humanizing the Devil?

Are you going to see The September Issue,
the documentary about Anna Wintour and Vogue?

I can't wait to see it. My friend Mary Pols reviewed the documentary for Time Magazine last month. She wrote: "The Wintour we meet is still capable of the kind of arbitrary intimidations that might inspire a damning best seller. But this empress definitely is wearing clothes. Flattering ones."



Blogger vanessa joie said...

I can not wait!

September 13, 2009 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger A Day That is Dessert said...

I cannot wait, too!

September 13, 2009 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger from lara said...

i loved it! grace coddington is absolutely brilliant. i have such an admiration for her non-jadedness and ability to not take it all so seriously. she seems like a wonderful lady to work with and learn from.

September 13, 2009 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile said...

can't wait to see it...such an empress!

September 13, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Abbie said...

I have to say, as much as I love love love Vogue, I'm not dying to see this movie. I don't know why.

September 13, 2009 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger eva ravenstein said...

i can't wait!

September 13, 2009 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger raynette quel. said...

i'm sooo excited for this.

September 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger * Alice To * said...

I can't wait to see it! So exciting!!!

September 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger Polly R said...

I can't wait to see it either! xx

September 14, 2009 at 1:17 AM  
Blogger Sahakiel said...

I cannot wait for seeing it too; I'm really curious about it!

September 14, 2009 at 4:15 AM  
Blogger ALFIE said...

oh! i absolutely cannot WAIT to see this film! it should be a delight!

September 14, 2009 at 5:34 AM  
Blogger Red Lipstick Style said...

i saw it on Saturday, it was incredible! I was rivited to my seat! Anna and Grace are incredible.

September 14, 2009 at 5:35 AM  
Blogger Fashion Face said...

Yes! I am going this weekend, I cannot wait! Did you see her on Jay Leno or maybe Letterman? I missed it!

September 14, 2009 at 6:01 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

I just saw this trailer for the first time this past weekend and I absolutely can't wait to see it. I'm absolutely fascinated by the fashion industry and the power Anna Wintour seems to have.

September 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

I need to see this! But neithr of y friends are fashion nerds :( soo I'll probably end up in the cinema on my own :P

September 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM  
OpenID passementerie said...

I'm looking forward to it immensely! I don't have particularly high hopes for it from a cinema perspective (!) but it will be fun way to pass an afternoon, I suspect..

September 14, 2009 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Stevi said...

Look delightful. Is delightful the right word? Maybe I mean viscously entertaining. :)

September 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Her name was Lola said...

I found it to be positively fascinating + I met André Leon Talley! For more: {click here}.

Have a lovely Monday!


September 14, 2009 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger vicki archer said...

Looking forward to it, xv.

September 14, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Neverland said...

Can't wait!

September 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger denise, the prime magpie said...

Very excited to see it. Still trying to see if I can get a spot for a preview coming up at the end of the month. Would be ever-so-fashionable to see the Sept Issue in Sept!

September 14, 2009 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger goodeda1122 said...




September 17, 2009 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger Jenaveve said...

Just LOVED this - am posting my love for it on Wednesday this week... without any spoilers. The dynamics between the ladies is fascinating, as is the bizarre intimidation Anna holds over every single person working in the industry.

September 26, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home