Monday, September 14, 2009

Meet Fashion Blogger and Author: Andrea Eames


Meet Andrea Eames, blogger, thrifter, fashionista and novelist. Andrea blogs her daily fashion
choices at her blog, A Cat of Impossible Color - most pieces she wears are cleverly thrifted by Andrea herself. Andrea has one published YA book and now her first novel has been purchased by a Random House branch, due to be published in 2011, and entitled Ngozi, meaning ' venegful ghosts' in zimbabwe (sorry the capital z is broken on my keyboard!)



Andrea has a light hearted writing style while addressing working from home, writing ideas and discussions, and fashion. As you can see she prefers a very feminine, old school vintage look. I've been reading her blog for over a year and love her daily updated photos of outfits and the writing life.

Here is the blurb of her novel, Ngozi :


Being a white Zimbabwean in the 1990s is a near-perfect life. Your clothes are always clean and ironed, there is always tea in the silver teapot, gins and tonics are served on the verandah, and, in theory at least, black and white live in harmony. As Mugabe’s presidency turns sour, however, this idyllic and privileged world begins to crumble into anarchy. Told through the eyes of a young girl, Ngozi follows the struggle of one troubled white family to stay afloat in the collapsing economy and escalating horror of Mugabe’s Zimbabwe. When the farm invasions begin, the violence threatens to destroy their way of life forever, and escaping the vengeful ghosts (‘ngozi’) of their past seems impossible. Can they stay, or must they go?

20 comments:

Petergaye S. Kisielewicz of Yahgie said...

Love the yellow jacket.

Dottie said...

I'm so happy to see one of my favorite bloggers on another of my favorite blogs! I can't decide what I enjoy more about her blog - the gorgeous pictures of her outfits or the intelligent and funny writing.

AbbieBabble said...

I love the gingham dress!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing Andrea. I hadn't heard of her before. Andrea's novel sounds fascinating and I am now eagerly anticipating the release.

Brook said...

love the yellow trench!

English Muse said...

i love her! fantastic find ms. flux!! xoxoxo

Maia said...

I love the "vengeful ghosts" name.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of her blog. Yay Andrea!

Darrah said...

I've been following Andrea for a while now. I love her blog, and can't wait for her book to come out. As an English major, I can't deny a good read.

Daisy said...

I love her outfits !

Londyn said...

Thanks for sharing! She's one of my favorite fashion bloggers.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really interesting read, a relatable one too.

ModernGear TV said...

Wow, what style! Just found your blog and now have found hers. Thank you!

escapade said...

As a white Zimbabwean myself, now living overseas - can't wait to read this new novel, sounds so interesting. Thank you for introducing me to Andrea!

Unknown said...

I just die for that little yellow trenchcoat + bowtie combination. So Diane Keaton does Annie Hall chic! Love it.

Cheers.

reckless daughter said...

she is fantastic. one of my favorite blogs.

Kayla said...

Wow, mixing fashion with a topic as serious as Zimbabwe's new government. Should be a great read. http://www.newsy.com/videos/white_farmers_in_zimbabwe

Andrea Eames said...

Kayla - it's not mixing fashion with it; I wouldn't do that. My blog is about vintage clothing, but I grew up in Zimbabwe and left at the height of the violence. My novel has nothing to do with my blog, which is a hobby. And I don't think there's anything wrong with having fashion as a hobby, even though I come from a country with a situation as serious as Zimbabwe's.

Andrea Eames said...

And thank you so much, everyone who has commented and visited! I really appreciate your kind thoughts.

Unknown said...

Good to read about the Meet Andrea Eames,and the facts are also great to read.

__________________

International Finance Dissertation