Friday, September 11, 2009

Tavi

Meet fashion's latest -- and perhaps youngest -- muse:
Tavi, the-13-year-old fashion blogger from Chicago.

tavi

Here she is on the cover of Pop Magazine, on newsstands this week. And that's not all...

tavi

Her Blogspot blog, Style Rookie, was featured in today's Wall Street Journal. It turns out Tavi's blog inspired the latest designs of fashion house Rodarte...

tavi

She's in New York for Fashion Week (with her dad) and Rodarte's designers, sisters Kate and Laura Mulleavy, have invited her to sit in the front row of their show on Tuesday.


This is how she describes herself:
"Tiny 13 year old dork that sits inside all day wearing awkward jackets and pretty hats. Scatters black petals on Rei Kawakubo's doorsteps and serenades her in rap. Rather cynical and cute as a drained rat. In a sewer. Farting. And spitting out guts."

Love her!

(photos by Jamie Morgan for Pop Magazine)

16 comments:

Brandy said...

Ahhh I happened across her blog and dove deep in to her archives. She is adorable and lovely, funny funny too!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

LUV her...she should be my darling daughter so we can share clothes! ~Fabulous weekend Tina darling!! xo*

Maggie May said...

she's Eloise!

Irene said...

She has a great future if she stays true to herself.

Lady San Pedro said...

So cute! And such individuality for a teen.

Wish I could have been like her back at 13.

Intrinsically Florrie said...

I love her shoot in pop!
I photographed the issue for my blog a little while back. http://intrinsicallyflorrie.blogspot.com/2009/08/pop.html :)

Florrie x

Red Lipstick said...

Incredible! She has so much style-I'd wear each one of her outfits! I know she will do great things with her life!

Sara Downton said...

she really is tiny and adorable and lovely! and so young, wauw!

Pretty Lovely said...

Way to be accomplished at the age of 13. At the age of 13 I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life - and at 24, I think I still have no clue.

This is inspiring and not to mention she is adorable.

xx,

Samantha

Hilary Claire said...

At age 13 I had bushy eyebrows, braces, untextured hair & uneven eyebrows... this girl's ahead of her time. I kind of like her cynical attitude too haha!

TheBeautyFile said...

She's amazing...love to see that today's youth is wildly ambitious...she will probably have her own line by next year!

TheBeautyFile said...

Also, she really reminds me of Scarlett Johannson circa The Horse Whisperer.

Unknown said...

how wonderful! I love these stories...so inspired and so young.

Ali said...

13 years old?

Major wow!

Unknown said...

Holy cow! How have I not heard of her?? Thanks for sharing!! ;)

caroline duke said...

aw, look at her! i had to stop reading her blog some time ago because i found it endlessly frustrating how cool she was for her young age. but i have to admit, she's on to something!