This Page

has been moved to new address

Julianne Moore's Boudoir

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: Julianne Moore's Boudoir

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Julianne Moore's Boudoir

Julianne Moore -- A Single Man
Ever since I saw Tom Ford's debut movie, A Single Man, I've been obsessed with finding photos of Julianne Moore's gorgeous 1960s boudoir. Finally, the February issue of Paris Vogue delivers a nice big picture showing all the beautiful details: bamboo screens, a sheep-skin covered chair, an inlaid mirror, a small settee, curtains with thick white tasseled tiebacks, a can of Spray Net.

I uploaded it full size on my flickr page. Click the picture to see!


Blogger Tonia said...

I think I'm out of time: I could live with that look now! But maybe not the hair.

February 4, 2010 at 1:51 AM  
Blogger chelsea rebecca said...

oh goodness to have a boudoir like that in my bedroom.. swoon! how wonderful.

February 4, 2010 at 2:29 AM  
Blogger Destination Inspiration said...

I wish flickr wasn't blocked in this country so I could see all the pics! I love Julianne Moore, she's stunning. I liked her in The Hours

February 4, 2010 at 2:36 AM  
Blogger kelly ann said...

oh wow! how stunning! i love pretty much anything 1960s. and i've been DYING to see this movie! it looks incredible. i adore tom ford and julianne.

February 4, 2010 at 2:56 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

julianne moore is one of my favorites, no doubt about it!
now i'm excited to see this movie..!


February 4, 2010 at 4:02 AM  
Blogger holly goes lightly said...

Tom Ford's attention to detail knows no limit...

February 4, 2010 at 6:01 AM  
Anonymous Sophia said...

Very interesting period if you didn't have to live in it (my mother was that age in that time & it wasn't so great...though her clothes were cool.) Also, perhaps just a mistype but 'a boudoir' is a don't have one in your bedroom. Just in case it comes up on Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit. Wouldn't want to blow it:)

February 4, 2010 at 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Miranda said...

So important to have a beautiful plaace to help make you feel beautiful.

February 4, 2010 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Wikipedia defines boudoir as "a lady's private bedroom, sitting room or dressing room." I think the term fits perfectly here! Then again, I'm not going out for Jeopardy.

February 4, 2010 at 8:42 AM  
Anonymous tina tarnoff said...

I have yet to see the movie, and I'm dying to! Julianne is so gorgeous. Apparently Tom modeled her character on his grandmother. She must have been quite a woman!

February 4, 2010 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous sarah b said...

ahh beautiful! i really need to get out and see this film!

have you seen julianne in her current guest spot on 30 Rock? she's fantastic!!

February 4, 2010 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

That chair is gorgeous! How comfy it must be! :)Marybeth

February 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

OH my goodness! that julianne moore is quite the lady. there's little I would change about that place...well except transplanting it to my apartment.
thanks for Sharing!


February 4, 2010 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Sabine said...

I feel bad saying this, but it all seems a bit too fussy to me. But then, maybe I'm just not enough of a lady.

February 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love the chair!! I just want to drape myself all over it!!

February 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Renee Finberg said...

i can't wait to see this.
i am going tomorrow.
super image!

February 4, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Joanna Goddard said...

gorgeous! i really want to see that movie.

February 5, 2010 at 3:30 AM  
Blogger The Lil Bee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! And I really love the can of Spray Net. Not sure why but it's just the cherry on top of the sundae for me!

February 5, 2010 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger My Dog-Eared Pages said...

Just love love love!!!!
Thank you for posting... will see the movie this weekend. Can't wait! oxo

February 5, 2010 at 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Wow, haven't watched this film yet. But I'm intrigued now : ). It is quite the impressive boudoir!

February 7, 2010 at 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Marte Marie Forsberg said...

Absolutely love this movie.
the style, the story and good old Tom Ford fashion.
Just found you blog and enjoying getting to know it:)

February 9, 2010 at 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home