Thursday, July 15, 2010

Postcards and Souvenirs

I'm a predictable flea market shopper. I always end up on a treasure hunt for things I can bring home without much ado...
...Like postcards...
postcards polaroid
....Old matchbooks...
matchbooks
...Fifty-year-old bottles of "My Sin" and pink nylon slips...
perfume bottles
You know, the stuff that's easy to carry to the car in 105 degree heat.
But someday I'm going to make a grand show of it: I'll drive up to the flea market at 6 am in a
U-Haul truck with two brawny guys. We'll cart off all those things I really wanted to buy but didn't because they wouldn't fit into the back of my old Mercedes station wagon. (And I didn't have room in the house anyway. ) ... Someday...

Happy Weekend everyone. It's the third Sunday of the month, which means Long Beach and then coffee at Chuck's! See you Monday!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

love raking through stacks of old postcards and old photos.....shame the boy winges so much when i do! gona persuade him to take a trip to tynemouth on sat n bribe him with a trip to the beach to keep him happy....fish n chips and vintage :) love


raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

Anonymous said...

oh, would love to go thrift shopping with you over there! you got great stuff... have a lovely weekend!

Tonia said...

I always seek out the postcards too! And buttons. And old lace. And ...

Good luck at the flea!

oh, hello friend. said...

we should really meet up at the long beach market sometime, it'd be lovely to meet you ;) xo

Anonymous said...

I go for the little stuff for the same reason. But if I was to show up with a van for the big stuff, it still wouldn't stop me from scooping up the tiny treasures as well!

iva yaneva said...

My, I am so jealous of people who have flea markets! I hope I can find something like it over here because it looks like so much fun :)

Oh, and "But someday I'm going to make a grand show of it: I'll drive up to the flea market at 6 am in a
U-Haul truck with two brawny guys." - so funny! :)

Have an awesome weekend you too! xo

Sab said...

I absolutely love collecting postcards.
Especially ones that have already been written in. They're normally from places I'd rather be.

I wish I had a regular flea market where I lived. The only thing close to one closes at like 11am. So you have to wake up super early.

April said...

I'm with you on the dream. One day I'll get to buy all the things I wanted! haha

Cassandra Dias said...

I love these polaroids!

The above fore-mentioned. said...

Your photographs are fantastic. Love the glimpse at someone else's forgotten collection. Reminds me of the old stamp collection I have in a trunk under the bed and the tin of coins floating about in a box somewhere.