Thursday, October 7, 2010

Print Is Not Dead: Anthology Magazine

Hello everyone.

I'm crazy about this new decor magazine called Anthology. It was created by Anh-Minh Le, a regular contributor to The San Francisco Chronicle Datebook and Home & Garden sections, and by Meg Mateo Ilasco, who has authored six books, including Craft, Inc. and Crafting a Meaningful Home. The duo have adopted the motto "Print is not dead," music to my ears! Anthology is printed quarterly, but you can also get a sneak peek online.

Have a look:

Screen shot 2010-09-24 at 5.29.49 PM

Screen shot 2010-09-24 at 5.32.40 PM

Screen shot 2010-09-24 at 5.30.44 PM

Screen shot 2010-09-24 at 5.29.29 PM

The enterprising editors have also done this fantastic video:



Print Is Not Dead from Anthology Magazine on Vimeo.



Love!

11 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

I love decor magazines!! I love flipping through the pages! I'll look for this one!

Helena said...

That video is so cool!I'm going to have a go at making one like it. It's inspired me.

RMP said...

I certainly hope it isnt finished!.....i have just finished two books of Poetry, and am busy writing a novel, and a book of philosophy and the third book of poetry...

if it is finished, then so too am i.

you can have a little squizz at my Blog for some of the poems. One is a collaborative art book, with the German surrealist Painter Carola. E . Thiele entitled 'A synergy of Art'...the second is a collection of Love poems entitled 'Love Found Love Lost'...

So please dont let print be dead...even if E-Books are on the rise, it doesnt have the same 'je ne sais quoi', that printed high quality art does.

http://rmprose.blogspot.com/

Michelle B. said...

I'm absolutely in love with the artists who did the cover of this magazine. You should check out her blog; it's quite fabulous. http://blog.krisatomic.com

The rest of the magazine itself looks wonderful as well! I love decor magazines. I don't have my own place yet, but I'm so excited to get one just so I can decorate. :)

Carolynn Cecilia said...

i lurv it!!!

genevieve said...

Absolutely beautiful! I really love what you've been doing with your blog and how you have narrowed the focus to just books, it is fantastic. I have just created a new blog, which is news and reviews of luxury products, services and firms and general news from the luxury sector, take a look at http://littleluxe.tumblr.com/ :)

S and R said...

Love, love, love.
Tone - http://swingsandroundabouts-blog.blogspot.com/

Carole Poirot said...

Brilliant! Love it & I'll never get tired of good deco mags, plus "print isn't dead" is music to my ears... Love from London x

See Me Everywhere said...

That's just gorgeous! I will have to see if they sell the magazine online, as I've never heard of Anthonology here before. Thanks for sharing :)

Cassandra Dias said...

Oh yeah, I saw that video and loved it!

And on a random note, I'm hosting a Mustachioed Coffee Cup Set Giveaway on my blog just in case you wanted to enter!

xo,
Cassie

Raj said...

This looks so amazing
I'll have to look out for it!