This Page

has been moved to new address

Complete fluff...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: Complete fluff...

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Complete fluff...

Polaroid Sky

I was very excited to discover today that the Barnes & Noble Review has a special section for books on clouds.

This is how they describe "The Invention of Clouds," by Richard Hamblyn:

"A fascinating study of the amateur meteorologist who, in the early 19th century, 'forged the language of the skies.' Creating the classifications -- cirrus, stratus, cumulus, nimbus -- which are now familiar, Luke Howard captured the imagination of contemporary artists and scientists, as well as generations of their heirs."

It also reminds me that I need to get out more with my Polaroid camera. (I took this photo, above, last year.)



Blogger Tina said...

hello everyone, forgive me for commenting on my own post. it just looked very sad with zero comments...thats all!

October 28, 2010 at 1:32 AM  
Blogger the real mia said...

I love that photo. Your images of clouds always inspire me.

October 28, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home