Monday, October 25, 2010

Paris Review: Author Interviews

The Paris Review has long been known for its wonderful writer profiles. Now, thanks to the Internet, you can access all the pieces online. I've compiled a little selection below:

Screen shot 2010-10-25 at 12.56.39 PM
Isak Dinesen..........Truman Capote..........Arthur Miller
Screen shot 2010-10-25 at 1.04.13 PM
Graham Greene..........Dorothy Parker..........Ernest Hemingway
Screen shot 2010-10-25 at 6.26.04 PM
Jorge Luis Borges..........William Faulkner..........Evelyn Waugh

The author illustrations, by the way, were done by Spanish artist Fernando Vicente Retratos. More of his work here.

7 comments:

Tonia said...

Fantastic interview with Dorothy Parker - I've loved her short stories for years, would have been too scared to interview her on reputation alone though!

Jan said...

Love these illustrations.
Thanks for the link!

Bere Parra said...

Wow, this is amazing. You can't get the Paris Review in my town and I had no idea that these interviews were online now: Borges's will be my first stop! You've solved my problem of what to read on slow days at work, THANK YOU! :)

Missy said...

yeah! this is great. i cant wait to dig in! AND those illustrations are awesome!

Unknown said...

I am completely smitten with these illustrations! Linking on my blog! What a great find :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

These are fantastic! I'm slowly making my way through all of them. So far Parker and Miller's are my favorite. Thanks for sharing!

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

just wanted to take a moment to tell you how much i'm enjoying the new format. these interviews were absolutely wonderful to read, and full of life-changing advice. and i never would have found them without you! so, thanks :)