This Page

has been moved to new address

My New Years Confession

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: My New Years Confession

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My New Years Confession

Do you read me? Model : Annie Beust

You guys know how much I enjoy reading books -- on paper. But, this weekend I downloaded
the free Kindle Mac app. I LOVE IT!!  (It's also available for PCs, iPhones & Blackberrys.)

Yesterday, I read "The Orange Eats Creeps," by Grace Krilanovich on my laptop. (The book is about "slutty, hobo teenage vampires" and it's fantastic.)

Today I'm reading "The Hand that First Held Mine," by Maggie O'Farrell.

I'll never ditch old-fashioned books, but I spend so much time on my laptop -- writing, reading blogs, watching movies, cruising tumblr.  It's very cool to work a little electronic book reading
into the mix...

So that's my confession...


Happy New Year!

(Photo by Magic Magic Magic.)


Blogger Nicole Jeannette said...

Ah! I know! I've been so pro paper books and anti electronic books, but I bought my dad a Kindle for Christmas with my mom and sister. It's a tough call!

January 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

You know, I was super anti e-reader, but I decided to buy one for a three week trip I was taking...and it's kind of awesome. It's so much more portable, and it's helping me not clutter up the house with magazines and books I'll just read once. I feel like the e-reader/regular book argument sees it as all one or the other, but I think most people with e-readers read both. I certainly do! As far as I'm concerned, it's the reading that's important, not which form you read in.

So, don't feel guilty. :)

January 2, 2011 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger KC said...

I got a Kindle for Christmas...I also felt the same shame yet excitement! I still love the real things though but sometimes ya just gotta change with the times!

January 2, 2011 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Sophie Isobel Designs said...

I love my kindle. It will never replace my love for books, but it is just great to be able to buy a book whenever you like! Great on the plane too.
Sophie x

January 2, 2011 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Eeeek! I just cant appreciate it! Sorry! I need paper and smells and feels. Hmmm.

January 3, 2011 at 3:26 AM  
Blogger Sundari said...

Oooh, kindle on mac sounds pretty interesting. I'm just as much a paper-book-kinda-girl as the next person, but I'm also a macbook girl and this sounds kind of like a nice idea to test read first chapters before I buy the book. I wonder if there are any free books.

January 3, 2011 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Oooh! I didn't know there was an app for reading books on iPhone (I don't have one, but I have an iPod Touch). I'm totally downloading this! I read a book once through iPod Notes... oh, boy was it tedious. But I was determined to finish, and then I said "Never again". I'm changing my tune.

January 4, 2011 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I have a Kindle and a Kobo thanks to Christmas (I'm returning the Kobo). At first I was shocked, I'm the book/library girl...but ooooooooo it is a lovely fancy clutter free feeling.

January 5, 2011 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger brett girl said...

adorable blog :). I was super conflicted when i got my kindle because I love book books. However, I CANT throw books away and travel too much to keep them all so it works for me.
xx brett

January 10, 2011 at 6:09 AM  
Blogger L said...

I haven't joined the none-paper book readers. I reading books too much to switch! Right now, I am currently reading "Cleopatra: A Life" by Stacy Schiff. Great read!

January 12, 2011 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home