This Page

has been moved to new address

Red Hot Literary Quotes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: Red Hot Literary Quotes

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red Hot Literary Quotes

In honor of Valentine's day, Flavorpill has a very clever list of the top 50 literary quotes
for a hot fling.

Here's a sampling:

“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.”
-- Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot.”
-- Complete Works by D.H. Lawrence

“I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.”
-- Twenty Love Poems and A Song of Despair by Pablo Neruda.

The rest of the list here.

Happy Valentine's Day!

(Photo, above, by Anna Liisa Liiver.)



Blogger Sophie Isobel said...

Oh I love this! My favourite valentine's post. Just perfect!
Sophie x

February 13, 2011 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Tonia said...

Well those three felt like they were reached into my mind and pulled out my thoughts!

February 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger Traveller said...

Oscar Wilde was so spicy - I love it! Great quotes...

February 14, 2011 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger Melanie's Randomness said...

I've never read anything D.H. Lawrence. I think that needs to change! Love the quotes! =)

Happy Valentine's day!!

Melanie's Randomness

February 14, 2011 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Molly McGonigle said...

I love this! How perfect!

February 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger SAMI. said...

that pablo neruda quote is too good. that could get a girl pregnant if she is not careful! haha

ps. check out my pretty print giveaway!

February 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Raji said...

This is too perfect for Valentines day!
I'll have to save them for next year :P
Hope you had a great V Day

February 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger sarah.y said...

I used that Neruda quote on my blog in honor of V-day too... I wish someone would say that to me.

March 1, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home