This Page

has been moved to new address

The Mortimer/Gaghan Library

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: The Mortimer/Gaghan Library

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Mortimer/Gaghan Library

The April issue of Matchbook Magazine is out and I've been poring over every page. There's a wonderful story about Minnie Mortimer (her family is considered New York royalty.) She's married to Oscar winning writer/director Stephen Gaghan, who did Syriana and Traffic.

Their Los Angeles home is amazing, but their library is beyond wonderful. It's stylish, but in the way true bibliophiles' collections are stylish--an arrangement that evokes both care for the books and their frequent use. Stacking is the tip-off!

(Photo from Matchbook Magazine.)


Blogger sami. said...

OMG i want to steal that bookshelf. so super jealous!


April 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger kimberj said...

Glad you're not going away, I think you'd miss the outlet. I do miss all the old postings before you revamped. Isabella's videos, pets, vintage finds, photos, etc...

April 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Molly McGonigle said...

love that book shelf. Those books look very loved.

April 15, 2011 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger gasilhane said...

This is the thing you love, I'm really really happy about your decision. Don't quit for anyone, anything. Love from İstanbul.

April 15, 2011 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Helen Ailsa said...

Yeay, you're still here. :) Those bookshelves are amazing.

April 15, 2011 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

i was sad you left, and you're back! :)

April 15, 2011 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Luli said...

I am so glad you are back. I missed you and even though we don't know each other from Adam, I felt super sad when your blog was gone. Now I am pleasantly surprised. Merci merci merci!

April 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Katie Bee said...

If stacking is the tip-off, then I'm definitely a true bibliophile! My books don't fit unless stacked.

April 16, 2011 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger sensiblyluxe said...

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this photo.

April 17, 2011 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger Erin Wallace said...

I dream of having a library like this.

April 17, 2011 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger alexkeller said...

haha - good to know - i'm a stacker, too!

April 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home