This Page

has been moved to new address

Toms Shoes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: Toms Shoes

Friday, July 29, 2011

Toms Shoes

I just found this photo, by Brandon Long, on Flickr:

It's amazing how everyone has gone mad for Toms shoes. It goes to show that comfort and function always win out. (Although, like most status symbols, they're expensive!)

Here's the pair I want:

Happy Friday, everyone. May you have lots of time to wear comfy shoes this weekend.


Blogger Jessica May said...

The only thing about Toms shoes is that they wear out in about two months. I had a pair last summer and a pair this summer and they've already kicked the bucket. It's all nice and good that they donate a pair of shoes to a needy child but I hope the shoes they donate are a little sturdier!

July 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Mal said...

I have been considering the herringbone ones myself, I also love the plaid pair from the collab w/ The Row. They seem so comfy!

July 29, 2011 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger sami said...

i bought my man a pair of tom's and he thought they were uncomfortable! haha. and i think my flat foot would not look too good in it.


July 29, 2011 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Giulia said...

They're nice but mine wore out very quickly as well. As for donating--they are doing more harm than good. (For anyone who sees this & thinks: oh they're good...nope).

Nice photo, tho;

July 29, 2011 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger HereBeDragons said...

I don't know about comfort and function winning out. TO an extent maybe, but I think people just like to feel good or show off that they bought TOMS to help a needy child.

But, I do love MY Toms. ;p Super comfy!

July 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thank you for your post about TOMS and helping to spread the word! For those who think they do more harm than good, check out a video from a recent shoe drop:

July 29, 2011 at 3:52 PM  
OpenID lorakathleen said...

My shoes have lasted a little longer than the others... I still have a pair I've been wearing since February and I love love love them.

Just grabbed a pair of the wedges for work too... most amazing shoes with a heel ever.

July 29, 2011 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger Becky said...


July 31, 2011 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger Colin Roe said...

I found a pair in the street last year. didnt wear them until this summer. i may wear them a lot, but i think they are terrible shoes. i wouldnt say even trust the company.

but damn if those wedges dont look amazing on girls. i also typically dont like wedges

August 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Junaluska said...

Although I must admit I'm not particularly fond of the look of the shoe, I do love the animal print lining some of them have.

August 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home