This Page

has been moved to new address

A Study in Color; Pink

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: A Study in Color; Pink

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Study in Color; Pink


via Glamour (?)

via W Magazine, July 2002


It is certainly a pleasure to guest-post on The English Muse; a blog that has inspired me for many months with its eye-candy. I hope to be able to return the favor and inspire you!

Allow me to introduce myself: I am Alison (aka Mademoiselle Frou Frou) from the Frou Frou Fashionista, which is a luxury lingerie blog that features upscale intimates as seen in photography and in my boutique, Faire Frou Frou (which my mom and I own)!

This post is simply a dedication to the color pink. I think pink gets a bad rap for being too girly or 'frou-frou' (that shouldn't be a bad word!), but the reality is that it is sweet, soothing, and undoubtedly feminine. From fuchsia to pale pink, there's a shade that can work for everyone. Don't you agree?

See you next time with another color dedication!
xox

P.S. - Tina, best wishes to you as you take this time off. Nothing is more important than family.

26 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey Genna said...

Beautiful post!

July 30, 2009 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

wow, stunning photos in one of my favorites color!

July 30, 2009 at 5:40 AM  
Blogger LouDuk said...

The high heel photograph is a really brilliant idea. I never would have thought of that. It is a good example of the secret brilliance behind the world of fashion photography.

July 30, 2009 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger Geisslein said...

Beautiful color, beautiful post!

July 30, 2009 at 6:00 AM  
Blogger Style Redux 2 said...

Gorgeous post. So right about pink-it can be very sophisticated. But why is girly a no-no anyway?

July 30, 2009 at 7:05 AM  
Blogger giulia said...

Mlle Ali,

Lovely choices...

ciao

July 30, 2009 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger The Lil Bee said...

I am so with you on the fascination with pink, Alison. And did you know, I even posted your mirrored dresser & LOVE poster as inspiration for my soon-to-be pink and yellow nursery?! I just adore that shot. Love these images;)

July 30, 2009 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Darcel said...

Pink is my favorite color. Just like red and black it can be very sexy. Great post.

July 30, 2009 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Italo said...

Alison, Nice pink photos. Enjoy your day, and good luck for your blog. Ciao bella, Italo.

July 30, 2009 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Little Rus said...

Love the peonies, Natalia V's photo and Sandra Freij lingerie pic.

xxx

July 30, 2009 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger l'air du temps said...

i simply adore pink! thanks for the pause for pink...

July 30, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger sparkly stars (: said...

the pictures are lovely(:
pink is my favourite colour, pastel kinda pink.

July 30, 2009 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger A French Cloud said...

le sigh..pink,pink,pink. love

July 30, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger KLBK said...

love the sandy one! that's great!

July 30, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger mai said...

these photos are lovely, very nice post!

July 30, 2009 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger denise, the prime magpie said...

I love the photo collection. Really nice, smart choices. Pink isn't just for bubblegum and Barbie!

July 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger seacity said...

i founded your blog today! it is so beautiful!!!!, i am following u!

lucia
xxx

July 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Hanako66 said...

so gorgeous!

July 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Living and Loving In L.A. said...

I love this! So pretty in pink!

July 30, 2009 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Simply Mel said...

I'm tickled pink with this post!

July 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger OceanDreams said...

Loving all of the pink, beautiful post!

July 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

love the post. thanks for celebrating my fav color!

July 30, 2009 at 3:19 PM  
OpenID parisapartment said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

July 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Couture Millinery Atelier. said...

Enjoyed it so very much!Tahnk you!

July 31, 2009 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

sizzling pink. my favorite color.

August 1, 2009 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger petrenkov said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Sincerely yours
Jeph Normic

February 8, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home