This Page

has been moved to new address

Missed Connections

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
English Muse: Missed Connections

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Missed Connections

Artist Sophie Blackall has created the most clever blog...

... illustrating posts on the Craigslist Missed Connections sites...


"Messages in bottles, smoke signals, letters written in the sand; the modern equivalents are the funny, sad, beautiful, hopeful, hopeless, poetic posts on Missed Connections websites," she writes....


"Every day hundreds of strangers reach out to other strangers on the strength of a glance, a smile or a blue hat. Their messages have the lifespan of a butterfly. I'm trying to pin a few of them down."


Sophie's blog Missed Connections {here}.

And...her magnificent inspiration board.



Blogger Basht said...

I am so in love with this! thanks

October 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Cleo Hurst said...

i absolutley worhsip your blog! i am really new to the blogging world, so i would love it if you could stop by and check my blog feedback is totallyyy welcome! xo Cleo

October 15, 2009 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger Lucy in the Sky said...

I adore this! I wish this was enough to inspire me to draw on something other than my lecture notes. Thank you so much for sharing! I like how two of these images include depictions of Asians...makes me feel happy. :D

October 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Such wonderful artistic community out in this world, Thanks to today's technology we can all start to enjoy them daily...Lurrrve that!

~Cheers creativity!

October 16, 2009 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Reminds me of You Look Like the Right Type... similar concept...

(Not my blog, FYI, nor am I in any way affiliated with it other than being a fan.)

October 16, 2009 at 12:38 AM  
Blogger Louis Duke said...

Her blog is so fresh and interesting. I just love the concept!

October 16, 2009 at 5:12 AM  
Blogger Cassandra Marie said...

I love the idea of this!! On my way to check out her blog...

October 16, 2009 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger 2 By Design said...

Wow, these are so fantastic. Every now and then, when I'm bored at work, I'll check the missed connections section. I always wonder who these people are and what the setting was! Such a creative idea.

October 16, 2009 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Nath said...

fantastic art!!! :)

October 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile said...

oh these are absolutely perfect! i want to hang them up in my room!!

October 16, 2009 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger Vivi said...

I love these. Proves that there is poetry and art in everything.

October 16, 2009 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Laura Trevey said...

this is awesome!!!
thanks for sharing!

xo Laura

October 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Dandelion Daydreams said...

Oh gorgeous! Love your blog, it has now made it onto favourite reads on my blog role ;)

October 16, 2009 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger Red Lipstick Style said...

This is so awesome. I'm going to share with my fiance, he's taking art classes and is doing some critiquing. Think that he will like this!

October 16, 2009 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Daydream Lily said...

oh love this!!

October 17, 2009 at 1:15 AM  
Blogger John Woo said...

wow, great idea, thanks for sharing

October 17, 2009 at 1:55 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

wonderful :) the illustrations are so good to the eye.

October 18, 2009 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger The Wanderers' Daughter said...

This is SO COOL! Thanks for the new discovery!

October 18, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger jonas wunderman said...

thanks for sharing this tina :)

October 19, 2009 at 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home