Sunday, December 5, 2010

Elizabeth Bennet's Zombie Combat Kit

Are you a fan of Pride, Predjudice and Zombies?
Well...the book's very enterprising marketing team is rolling out a full-blow social media campaign this month that includes an Etsy shop for Ms. Bennet, where she's selling
a Zombie apothecary kit (for $100).

Take a look:



Ms. Bennet describes herself this way on her Etsy profile page:

"I, Elizabeth Bennet, lived a life of peace and propriety in the English countryside until a pustulent plague of unmentionables rose from the earth and began to wreak havoc on dear Hertfordshire. Thankfully, my sisters and I were trained in the most vicious defense techniques: swordplay, hand-to-hand combat, musketry, and sharp wit. Thus, my life has been devoted to fighting off the dreadfuls (as well as the attentions of a distasteful man named Mr. Darcy). 

I hope you will benefit from this zombie prevention kit, as well as a hardcover copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, a tale inspired by my family’s struggle to defeat the unmentionables."

The kit includes "Bleed-Banishing Balm, Gnaw-be-Gone Purifying Poultice, Reanimate and Perambulate Smelling Salt."

What is it about Jane Austen that inspires such cleverness?

5 comments:

ara133photography said...

That's awesome, love it!! I still have to read that book sometime. Have a great weekend! :) amy

kirstyhelen said...

I kind of feel that my life will forever be incomplete until I own this package of delightfulness.
(Sigh)
Love your blog! xo

April said...

That's pretty awesome.

Brittany said...

this is probably the coolest thing ever. ;)

Breenuh said...

Very neat marketing idea!